Service Level Agreement for Shared Hosting Services
Webvisions is committed to providing a standard of excellence commensurate with the best practices in the industry of our Services.
This Service Level Agreement (SLA) applies if you have subscribed to any of our shared hosting services ("Services") pursuant to an order request for such services placed under the General Terms and Conditions; and your account is current (i.e. not past due and not suspended/terminated due to non-payment) with Webvisions. In the event of conflict between the terms and conditions herein and the General Terms and Conditions, the former shall prevail.
As used herein, the term "Service Availability" refers to the percentage of a particular month (based on 24-hour days for the number of days in the subject month) that the Customer's Services is available for access by third parties as measured by Webvisions.
SERVICE LEVEL GUARANTEE
Webvisions aims to achieve 99.5% Service Availability of its Services for all customers.
Subject to Section A and B below, if the Service Availability is less than 99.5%, Webvisions will issue a credit to the customer in accordance with the following schedule, with the credit being calculated on the basis of the monthly service charge for the affected Services:
|Service Availability||Credit Percentage|
|99.5% to 100%||0%|
|95% to 99.4%||10%|
|90% to 94.9%||20%|
|90% below||100% or equivalent to 1 month refund|
Customer shall not receive any credits under this SLA in connection with any failure or deficiency of Service Availability caused by or associated with:
- circumstances beyond Webvisions' reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labour disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, ecommerce software, payment gateways, chat, statistics or free scripts);
- attacks by viruses or hackers, including Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against Webvisions' network;
- scheduled maintenance and system upgrades, or emergency maintenance;
- any DNS or Domain Name Registry issues outside the direct control of Webvisions' including DNS and Registry propagation issues and expiration;
- Customer's acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by customer), including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g. ASP, CGI, HTML, Perl, etc.), any negligence, wilful misconduct, or use of the Customer's account in breach of Webvisions’ Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy;
- issues with 3rd party e-mail systems, including refusal or rejection of e-mail by 3rd party mail systems;
- delays in e-mail delivery;
- false SLA breaches reported as a result of outages or errors of any Webvisions' measurement system;
- outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account. Webvisions is not responsible for browser, DNS, or other caching that may make your website or e-mail appear inaccessible when others can still access it.
2. Credit Request and Payment Procedure
In order to receive a credit, Customer must make a request for by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Each request in connection with this SLA must include the following customer information:
My Account Username:
Date and Time:
Credit request must be received by Webvisions within 30 working days at the time of unavailability of the relevant Service. If the unavailability is confirmed by Webvisions, credits will be applied within 30 days of Webvisions' receipt of Customer’s credit request.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the total amount credited to Customer in a particular month under this SLA shall not exceed the total hosting fee paid by Customer for such month for the affected Service(s). Credits are exclusive of any applicable Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Malaysia.
Note: Credits are not refundable and can be used only towards future billing charges.
3. Example of Calculation
|Total Days in a month||30|
|Total Hour(s) of downtime in a month||5|
|Uptime %||100% - 0.69% (5 / (30 x 24)) = 99.3%|
|Service Hosting Fee (Yearly)||S$120/year|
|Service Hosting Fee (Monthly)||S$10/month|
|99.3% of Uptime entitles you to 10% credit claims||S$10 x 10% = S$1.00|